If you are a fan of everything antique and love the vintage touch in your decor, then a vintage dresser may be just what your decoration is missing. Dressers are highly versatile fixtures with many uses in the home. Vintage pieces have the extraordinary power to add beauty and charm to your rooms. This is the reason why today, we’ll be sharing with you some of the best vintage desks options around.
Vintage and antique interior sales have been rising for some time. Old pieces can also possess the appeal of holding or potentially accruing value over time, making them a more desirable investment. Vintage or retro dressers are pretty attractive to look at and represent a great way to add character to a strategic space in your home. Even better, you can have the best of both worlds, something retro or rustic-looking but with a modern accent.
As you may imagine, vintage pieces can be found in different shapes and sizes. So with so many options, how do you know what to choose. Scroll down to find some of the most popular options currently available and see the magic a vintage dresser can offer.
Vintage Dresser FAQ’s
Is a vintage dresser worth it?
- A vintage dresser is a beautiful alternative to the modern, more contemporary style. At first, dressers were reserved for bedrooms and closets. They held clothes or other personal items. Today, dressers are much more versatile. Apart from their old-world charm, there are many great reasons to get a vintage dresser for your bedroom.
- These offer more storage space than a regular bedside table or nightstand and give you room for clothes, shoes, and accessories.
- They can be used as side tables, nightstands, or even office desks. If you live in a small apartment with little closet space, getting one of these pieces will help keep everything organized and out of sight.
- An investment in these furnishings always returns a profit, and they last for decades. Plus, their value increases over time.
Will the color of vintage dressers fade over time?
There can be a slight change in the color of vintage dressers, but you can use beeswax to replenish the shine of your antique furniture. The best thing is, you can always use a coat of paint to enhance the look and match it with the theme of your home.
How old are vintage dressers?
Vintage furniture is rather old than you think. Anything older than 40 years is considered antique if restored. To put it in context, any item from the early 19th century is vintage or retro. You can always check the manufacturing of your furniture, and this will tell you how old it is.
What should you think about when choosing a vintage dresser?
- Material. It is essential to consider what type of wood is used in the construction of your piece. If you would like a more robust and sturdier dresser, you should go with hardwood such as oak or maple. On the other hand, if you prefer a lighter and softer dresser, select from materials such as pine or fir trees.
- Portability. Portability plays a significant role while purchasing any furniture item. Make sure that it is lightweight so you can carry it from one room to another with ease, and the adjustable feet feature can be a plus.
- Current state. If you’re buying a vintage dresser that’s been around a while, you might want to consider one that’s been refinished. The older the piece, the more likely there is to be something wrong with it. If a piece has been refinished at some point, find out if the original wood is still visible underneath the new finish.
- Size of the dresser. When deciding on the right size for your vintage dresser, it’s essential to understand the accurate measurements. A genuinely vintage dresser is usually larger than standard wardrobes. If you want to find the best possible condition, ask yourself if you would be comfortable filling it up with your clothes.
- The number of drawers. Your dresser should have different sizes, from small to large drawers, so you don’t have to worry about placing the more oversized items. Also, make sure that the top shelf has enough space to set your decorative items on it.
How to care for a vintage dresser?
- Keep your furniture away from heat, direct sunlight, and humidity which could ruin the color, inlays, and loosen the joint of your furniture.
- Monitor the space where you want to place your dresser. Insects like termites feed on wood and can ruin your furniture.
- Instead of dragging your furniture, try to lift it and move it from one place to another.
- Polish your furniture every month with wax or gel stains to protect it from erosion and enhance its appearance.
- Use a lint-free cloth for thorough dusting from inside and outside.
Vintage Dresser Options
The Universal 6 Drawer Dresser from Delta Children features superior craftsmanship and a beautiful design.
It offers spacious drawers and safety stops that prevent them from falling out to create versatile and safe storage space in your child’s room that will last a lifetime.
The Universal 6 Drawer Dresser is designed to match many Delta Children cribs and complement other furniture in your home.
- Strong & sturdy wood construction
- 6 Spacious Drawers
- Smooth metal glide system
The Prepac Milo 6 drawer dresser is a modern take on a retro look, with a sleek mid-century modern design that adds a touch of vintage styling to your bedroom. Six drawers run smoothly on metal glides, offering easy access to storage for clothing and bedroom items.
The tapered solid wood legs and inset drawers deliver a clean and modern look to your bedroom. Brushed brass finished knobs add to the retro-chic design of this functional and fashionable dresser.
Style this dresser on its own, or combine it with any of the products in the Milo collection for a timeless look. It is constructed from non-toxic, CARB-2 compliant, laminated composite woods.
- Engineered Wood
- Mid-Century Modern
Easily organize your clothes and accessories with this dresser from the County Line collection. It features six drawers that open and close on smooth metal runners.
The four lower drawers are extra deep so you can store all your blouses and blue jeans. Finished in Soft White, this charming dresser adds countrified style to your bedroom décor.
Drawers with metal runners and safety stop feature a patented T-slot assembly system for easy assembly.
- Country Rustic
- Recycled Material
- Drawers with metal runners
Besides the wooden top, the fabric drawer front is veneered with engineered wood in a rustic look, giving a classy and refined appeal.
With an anti-tip kit included, you can mount the table to the wall and ensure a safe home for you and your family. Rustic brown veneer surface with a charming wood-look, matte black frame, and smooth solid wood knobs; all these details merge on this dresser to give your home a rustic vibe.
Four adjustable feet allow you to balance the nightstand on uneven ground and protect your floor from scratches.
- Adjustable Feet
- Anti-Tip Kit
For sheer perfection in the balance between elegance and function, this contemporary mirrored 6-drawer dresser is hard to beat.
Its hand-rubbed Gold finish and highest-grade mirrored panels naturally capture the eye, and yet it provides a large amount of storage space for all your clothes or memorable treasures.
With its crisp, classy lines, brushed steel knobs, and incised carved feet, this dazzling dresser measures L48″ x W18″ x H32″. It is constructed with selected kiln-dried solid wood and engineered wood panels.
- Contemporary Style
- Brushed Steel Finish
The perfect accessory to complement your vintage dresser could be a vintage mirror.